Using Sensory Balancing Therapy at Home
Tips and pointers for using Sensory Balancing Therapy in your own home.
- Cranial Suture Technique: One unit is NEG (-), other unit is BIPHASIC (+/-)
- Wrist straps connect like bracelets to yourself & the person you are treating. This acts in place of your skin contact for difficult positions or when treating head.
- Typical treatment time is 20 to 30 seconds but it is ok if you can only get a few seconds!
- Do not allow your child to use the device unsupervised & be extremely careful when treating your child not to scratch or press too hard.
- Treat Steps:
- Start with wrist points ( do this for a few days, a week or two- everyday or just 3 to 4 times a week).
- Add ankle points-same amount as wrist
- Add another step- cranial suture technique ( 1 time week, or more)
- Add another step- back points are more difficult, more invasive (1-3 times a week, if able)
- Ear- can be added at any point- start with one protocol at a time, alternate protocols every 2 or 3 days.
- All steps are designed to deregulate the nervous system- some steps maybe harder for your child than others. Remember, you can/will see some instant changes but the effect is cumulative to the nervous system regulation.